National Collegiate Solo Competition
2017 National Collegiate Solo Competition
Enter to win a chance to perform as the featured soloist with The U.S. Army Concert Band! The 2017 National Collegiate Solo Competition winner will perform on the West Steps of the U.S. Capitol and other Washington, DC-area venues the weekend of June 8-9, 2017.
How to Apply
Download the Application Form.
Please open this file with Adobe Reader
Fill-in the form, save it to your computer and then e-mail the PDF form to: NCSC.email@example.com
Your application and links to your digital entries must be received by March 27, 2017
Contact Staff Sergeant Tim Sutfin at: NCSC.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or problems with the form.
General Rules and Requirements:
- Open to woodwind, brass, and percussion instrumentalists currently enrolled in a college, university, or conservatory in the United States.
- Submit a recording (digital audio file or CD) of applicant performing a musical selection with piano accompaniment.
- Repertoire selected may not exceed 10 minutes.
- Repertoire selected by applicant must exist as a published band arrangement.
Must be age 27 years or under by January 1, 2017.
Save the Date:
Competition participants must be available to perform his/her solo with The U.S. Army Concert Band in Washington, DC, on June 8 and 9, 2017.
- Materials must be received by Friday, March 27, 2017 (not a postmark date).
- Please complete this application form. Remember to save it to a local drive
so you can attach it/print it to be included with ALL submitted materials.
- Participants can choose to submit a recording via email or by regular mail.
- Hard copies will be in CD format only; digital entries must be MP3 or WAVE file format.
- For digital entries, make your last name part of the file name (i.e. smith.mp3).
- Label CD with applicant’s name, repertoire, mailing address, phone number, and email address. Recordings will not be returned.
Please contact Staff Sergeant Tim Sutfin
Previous Army Band National Collegiate Solo Competition Winners:
2016: Sandra Bailey, bassoon
2015: Brittany Lasch, trombone
2014: Christopher Leslie, euphonium
2013: Benjamin Andrews, marimba
2012: Francesco Camuglia, flute
2011: Rachel Perry, saxophone (She has since won an audition at The U.S. Marine Band “The President’s Own.”)