National Jazz Trombone Ensemble Competition
Application Deadline: Feb 1, 2021Apply Here!
Ensembles should be no more than 8 Trombones and a 4 member rhythm section. The winner’s video will be featured during the one-day virtual 2021 American Trombone Workshop.
GENERAL RULES & REQUIREMENTS
- Live performance video recordings uploaded to YouTube are the only accepted form of submission for the American Trombone Workshop 2021. Competitors are asked to upload their full performance on a single video to their own YouTube accounts and send the links to the competition coordinator.
- Please treat the submission as a LIVE performance.
- Dress accordingly
- You are encouraged to introduce your group, soloists, and each tune
- You can record each tune separately if you wish but there is NO editing allowed during a single tune
- Should your group be selected as the winner, this video will be used are your performance space during our virtual event. The winner will be notified by email or phone.
Submissions should contain at least 3 contrasting styles with at least one swing 8th selection. Original compositions and arrangements of standards encouraged. The overall performance should not exceed 20 minutes in length.
Video recordings must be RECEIVED by February 1, 2021. Please remember that your submission will be received along with many others. Therefore, it is very important that you clearly and accurately include the following details in your email with your performance submission:
- School Affiliation (if any)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
Email video performance YouTube link no later than February 1, 2021 to the competition coordinator SFC Luke Brimhall.
Frequent Causes of Disqualification
- Receipt of materials past delivery deadline (see above).
- Editing of audio or video during the performance of a single selection