National Jazz Trombone Ensemble Competition
Application Deadline: Dec 17, 2021Apply Here!
Mar 11, 2022
Ensembles should be no more then 8 Trombones and a 4-member rhythm section. A winner will be selected from the submissions to perform live at the American Trombone Workshop 2022.
- 3 (OR MORE) CONTRASTING SELECTIONS OF YOUR CHOICE - AT LEAST ONE SWING 8TH SELECTION
- ORIGINAL COMPOSITIONS ARE ENCOURAGED
- CREATIVE ARRANGEMENTS OF STANDARDS ARE ENCOURAGED
General Rules & Requirements
Submissions should be recorded live and emailed in digital format. Audio or video recordings are accepted. Recordings must be RECEIVED by December 17, 2021. Please remember that your submission will be received along with many others. Therefore, it is very important that you clearly and accurately include the following details in your email with your performance submission:
- School Affiliation (if any)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
Email audio or video performance no later than December 17, 2021 to the competition coordinator SFC Luke Brimhall.
The winning ensemble will be invited to perform live at The American Trombone Workshop on Friday March 11, 2022 (schedule subject to change).
Frequent Causes of Disqualification
- Receipt of materials past delivery deadline (see above).
- Editing of audio or video during the performance of a single selection