National Solo Competition
Each year the American Trombone Workshop (ATW) hosts its National Solo Competition. This event gives students and young professional trombonists the opportunity to compete against their peers. It has drawn competitors from around the world.
The experience gained through making a quality audition recording and learning how to perform in a competitive environment is invaluable for musicians of any age or performance level. The ever-growing number of entries received is evidence that the National Solo Competition continues to be one of the workshop’s most exciting and anticipated events.
GENERAL RULES & REQUIREMENTS
Submissions for the ATW National Solo Competition 2022 are required to be uploaded to YouTube. The YouTube submission deadline will be November 15th, 2021. Recording instructions and guidelines are TBD and subject to change. The date and form of ATW 2022 are still TBD.
2022 ATW Tenor Trombone Repertoire
|2||Concertino for Trombone||Lars-Erik Larsson||Gehrmans|
|3||Arrows of Time||Richard Peaslee||Margun|
2022 ATW Bass Trombone Repertoire
|1||Three Easy Pieces||Paul Hindemith||Schott|
|2||Allegro Maestoso Op. 58 No 2||Jan Koetsier||EMR: Reift edition|
|3||Fantaisie Concertante||Jacques Casterede||Leduc|
- Division 1 - Ages 18 and under by Nov 1
- Division 2 - Ages 23 and under by Nov 1
- Division 3 - Open to all ages
To Qualify for Entry, You Must:
- Observe the submission deadline
- Adhere to the age requirements
- Send a submission in the correct format
- Avoid all spoken dialogue on a recording unless it is explicitly called for in the piece
- Observe instructions regarding YouTube submissions
2022 ATW National Solo Competition Guidelines and Recording Instructions---TBA
If you have any questions or comments, please email SSG Hank Currey.