National Collegiate Solo Competition
2019 National Collegiate Solo Competition
Enter to win a chance to perform as the featured soloist with The U.S. Army Concert Band! The 2018 National Collegiate Solo Competition winner will perform with the Concert Band on June 6 and 7, 2019.
How to Apply
Download the Application Form.
Please open this file with Adobe Reader
Fill-in the form, save it to your computer and then e-mail the PDF form to: NCSC.email@example.com
Your application and links to your digital entries must be received by March 15, 2019.
Contact Sergeant First Class Tim Sutfin at: NCSC.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or problems with the form.
General Rules and Requirements:
- Open to woodwind, brass, and percussion instrumentalists currently enrolled in a college, university, or conservatory in the United States.
- Submit a recording (digital audio file or CD) of applicant performing a musical selection with piano accompaniment.
- Repertoire selected may not exceed 10 minutes.
- Repertoire selected by applicant must exist as a published band arrangement.
Must be age 27 years or under by January 1, 2019.
Save the Date:
Competition participants must be available to perform his/her solo with The U.S. Army Concert Band in Washington, DC, on June 6 and 7, 2019.
- Materials must be received by Friday, March 15, 2019 (not a postmark date).
- Please complete this application form. Remember to save it to a local drive
so you can attach it/print it to be included with ALL submitted materials.
- Participants can choose to submit a recording via email or by regular mail.
- Hard copies will be in CD format only; digital entries must be MP3 or WAVE file format.
- For digital entries, make your last name part of the file name (i.e. smith.mp3).
- Label CD with applicant’s name, repertoire, mailing address, phone number, and email address. Recordings will not be returned.
Please contact Staff Sergeant Tim Sutfin
2016 National Collegiate Solo Concert Video
Previous Army Band National Collegiate Solo Competition Winners:
- 2018: Trevor Borroero, marimba
- 2017: Dorien Tate, bass trombone
- 2016: Sandra Bailey, bassoon
- 2015: Brittany Lasch, trombone
- 2014: Christopher Leslie, euphonium
- 2013: Benjamin Andrews, marimba
- 2012: Francesco Camuglia, flute
- 2011: Rachel Perry, saxophone