Financial Resource Manager
Apply before: May 30, 2022
Audition date(s): TBD
The United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own” announces a vacancy for FINANCIAL RESOURCE MANAGER.
Located five minutes from downtown Washington, DC, The United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own” (TUSAB) is the Army’s premier musical organization. “Pershing’s Own” provides musical support for the leadership of the United States, to include all branches of government, and to a wide spectrum of national and international events in support of Soldiers and their families, public diplomacy, community and international relations, recruiting initiatives, and music education programs. Our mission is to instill in our forces the will to fight and win, to foster the support of our citizens, and to promote our national interests at home and abroad.
Personnel are promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant (E-6) upon assignment to “Pershing’s Own” and enjoy full military benefits including medical and dental care, 30 days paid vacation each year, permanent assignment to Fort Myer, and educational benefits such as military Tuition Assistance and the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Resource Manager include, but are not limited to:
· Command operating budget
· Joint reviews
· Command budget briefings,
· General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS) processing, training and user access management
· Programming, budgeting, and execution of a travel budget
· Assisting with coordination of travel arrangements
· Organizational Defense Travel Administrator in the Defense Travel System (DTS) managing all aspects of group travel
o Training and reviewing travel authorizations
o Vouchers for compliance with the Joint Travel Regulations
· Agency Program Coordinator for the travel card program
o Training personnel in proper use of the Government travel cards
o Centrally billed account travel card management
o Monthly reporting
Qualified candidates should have knowledge and experience with the following programs and software: General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS), Defense Travel System (DTS), Defense Travel System Travel Explorer (TRAX), Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
All applicants must meet basic enlistment standards for The US Army including:
- Age 17-34 at the time of the audition
- Currently hold U.S. Citizenship
- Meet height/weight standards
- Meet medical, moral and physical requirements. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, recent surgeries, or criminal history, please consult with your local Army Recruiter prior to applying to confirm enlistment eligibility.
To Apply, Please Submit The Following
• Cover letter
• List of at least 2 references with contact information
• Current military applicants must also include their Soldier Records Brief or equivalent, Commander's Letter of Intent to Release, and last two NCOERs if applicable.
After portfolios are reviewed, selected finalists will be invited to interview at The U.S. Army Band, Fort Myer, VA.
Travel Expenses for civilians will be paid for by The U.S. Army pending enlistment qualification and funding approval. Military personnel should refer to their respective units to request travel funding.
Please email application materials to Sergeant First Class Christopher Buckley.
Contact the Auditions Coordinator
Applicants with questions or concerns regarding the FINANCIAL RESOURCE MANAGER audition may contact Sergeant First Class Christopher Buckley.
The annual starting salary for Staff Sergeant equates to $66, 899 without dependents and $74, 207 with dependents
Full medical and dental coverage
30 days paid vacation annually
The Blended Retirement System allows you to immediately begin contributing to a retirement account, in addition to being eligible for a pension after 20 years of active duty service.
Earn full tuition for higher education through the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Also, tuition assistance is available for continuing education.
Members of “Pershing’s Own” are given the Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) of 42S (forty two sierra), “Special Band Musician”. Personnel are promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant (E-6) two months after completion of Basic Combat Training.
Permanent duty assignment to Fort Myer, VA, located near the heart of Washington, DC
Learn More About Army Benefits
- The U.S. Army Band’s audition and hiring process values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- All applicants must currently hold U.S. Citizenship
- Civilian applicants must be 34 years of age or younger at the time of the audition
- All applicants must meet the standard requirements for enlistment in the United States Army
- Vacancies are available to qualified civilians, and military personnel of the grade E-6 and below. Military applicants above the grade of E-6 and/or having more than 10 years time in service must contact the Auditions Coordinator prior to applying to confirm eligibility.