The U.S. Army Ceremonial Band
Apply by: June 1
Audition date: August 9
The U.S. Army Blues
Lead Jazz Alto Saxophone
Apply by: June 10
Audition date: August 16
The annual starting salary for Staff Sergeant equates to $64,412 without dependents and $67,472 with dependents
Full medical and dental coverage
30 days paid vacation annually
The Blended Retirement System allows you to immediately begin contributing to a retirement account, in addition to being eligible for a pension after 20 years of active duty service.
Earn full tuition for higher education through the Post 9/11 GI Bill and tuition assistance is available for continuing education
Members of “Pershing’s Own” are given the Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) of 42S (forty two sierra), “Special Band Musician”. Personnel are promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant (E-6) two months after completion of Basic Combat Training.
Permanent duty assignment to Fort Myer, VA, located near the heart of Washington, DC
Learn More About Army Benefits
- All applicants must currently hold U.S. Citizenship
- Civilian applicants must be 34 years of age or younger at the time of the audition
- All applicants must meet the standard requirements for enlistment in the United States Army
- Vacancies are available to qualified civilians, and military personnel of the grade E-6 and below. Military applicants above the grade of E-6 and/or having more than 10 years time in service must contact the Auditions Coordinator prior to applying to confirm eligibility.
- All applicants invited to the live audition will be given instructions to complete Military Entrance Processing to ensure they meet enlistment requirements for the United States Army prior to attending the live audition. Travel expenses will be paid for by the United States Army pending enlistment qualification and funding approval.