Vacancy - Live Production Technician
Live Production Technician, The U.S. Army Support Group
Application Deadline: January 4, 2021
Interview Date: By Appointment in March 2021
The United States Army Band Pershing’s Own, the U.S. Army’s premier musical organization, announces a vacancy for LIVE PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN in the Technical Support Group.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Technical Director in all areas of production planning at both indoor and outdoor venues throughout the Metropolitan Washington, DC area, and at a variety of performance venues located both regionally and nationally.
- Perform site surveys, draft site plans, ground plans and other required layouts as needed.
- Prepare equipment rental orders (e.g. scenic, staging, a/v, lighting, etc).
ADDITIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE
- Routine maintenance and regular equipment inventories of production equipment.
- Loading and unloading of production equipment and able to lift 80lbs.
- Driving 16’ - 24’ non-CDL equipment trucks.
- Operating a 3000 lb. forklift.
- Daily rehearsal support consisting of audio and staging setups.
- Must have the ability to operate independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work at a professional level and take direction from supervisors, while operating in a positive and consultative team environment.
- Thorough understanding of modern live concert production technologies and techniques to include: large and small PA systems, amplification, signal flow, wireless microphone systems, electrical wiring, generator power, lighting design/operation, and rigging.
- Demonstrated expertise using Vectorworks (preferred) or AutoCAD, advanced computer skills in Mac and Windows environments.
- 2+ years experience in live theater, concert, or television broadcast environments.
- Competent written and verbal communication skills with strong organizational skills.
Military benefits include medical and dental care; 30-days paid vacation each year; permanent assignment to Fort Myer, and educational benefits such as military Tuition Assistance and the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill.
All applicants must possess U.S. citizenship due to a security clearance requirement. All invited applicants will be given instructions to coordinate pre-screening with their regional Military Entrance Processing Station to ensure they meet entrance requirements for enlistment in The U.S. Army prior to the live interview. Individuals who are offered the position following the live interview must enlist and begin Basic Combat Training prior to their 35th birthday.
Live interviews will be scheduled with select candidates in March 2021. Those candidates who advance to the interview portion of the process will be given further instructions prior to the interview date.
TO APPLY FOR THE VACANCY PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Full-length photograph
- Military applicants must also include their Enlisted Records Brief, or equivalent, and a Commander’s letter of intent
Recent enlistment policy has heavily restricted prior service personnel from re-entering the Army. Prior service personnel are advised to consult with their local Army recruiter about these policies before applying for this position.
All application materials must be submitted electronically to the Auditions Coordinator, Sergeant First Class Tim Sutfin.
Applicants with questions or concerns regarding the LIVE PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN vacancy may contact: Sergeant First Class Tim Sutfin