Video Content Creator
Apply before: September 1, 2021
Audition date(s): TBD
The full-time position of Video Content Creator for The United States Army Band is OPEN IMMEDIATELY and will remain open until filled.
The United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own” is the U.S. Army’s premier music organization located on Fort Myer in Arlington, VA, near the Pentagon and Washington, D.C.
This position is open to qualified civilian applicants and Active Duty E-6 and below.
Successful candidate will be a flexible, creative team player with a strong desire to work collaboratively. Ability to work at a professional level and take direction from superiors while operating in a positive and consultative small-team environment is imperative. Must have strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills. Must be dedicated to being proactive in improving processes, contributing ideas, and creating content that further builds relationships with our audiences. Work hours are flexible based on weekly mission requirements. Some evening/weekend missions may be required.
The Video Content Creator is responsible for live-streaming concerts and for conceptualizing, recording, and editing video content to be used for social media engagement via short PSAs, feature documentaries, short films, and music videos.
LIVE-STREAM VIDEO BROADCAST
- Responsible for the creation and direction of broadcast quality live-streamed concerts
- Coordinates with audio and technical support team to ensure high-quality video production
- Trains, manages, and coaches volunteer video-stream directors and camera operators to be used as needed
VIDEO CONTENT CREATION
- Conceptualizes, scripts, shoots, edits, and produces entertaining video products for internal and external audiences
- Controls quality in all phases of video production, both technical and artistic
- Creates ideas for brand-building video content which positions TUSAB at the top of the mind of our various audiences
- Plans, coordinates, and executes compelling and engaging video products across various departments while operating within a social media content calendar
- Edits long-form broadcast content to create short video products for mass distribution via social media
- Cultivates, improves, and organizes existing YouTube Channel
- At least 2 years of experience creating engaging video content for various audiences via YouTube and other social media platforms
- Working knowledge of live video production technology and infrastructure design, specifically for web-based distribution
- Strong technical and operational knowledge of and proven proficiency in shooting and editing video with industry standard equipment and software applications (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, AVID, Resolve, or similar)
- Ability to produce, shoot, direct, and edit cinematic mini documentaries and vignettes
- Competent technical abilities in field production and post-production including: green screen workflows, lighting/camera setup for field interviews, camera operations, digital video editing, and experience (or ability to learn) in a live studio operation
- Knowledge of photographic and video recording equipment standards (cameras and camcorders) with basic IP-based camera networking preferred
- Hand-held camera experience
- Sound judgment, initiative, and the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to read music, play a musical instrument, and follow a score is preferred
- Detail oriented with high quality/accuracy and proofreading skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Television or Film Studies, Visual Communication, Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or a related field preferred
- Motion-graphic design experience related to broadcast, advertising, or social media
- Deep understanding of design principles including composition, visual hierarchy, color, and typography
- Acceptance of a position requires a minimum four-year enlistment in the U.S. Army
- Currently hold U.S. Citizenship
- Civilian applicants must be 17-34 years of age
- Ability to meet Army height/weight standards and maintain a generally fit appearance
- Meet medical, moral and physical requirements for enlistment in the U.S. Army
Applications will be vetted and candidates will be informed no later than 10 business days after the application window closes. First round of interviews will be via virtual teleconference. Second round candidates will be invited to meet the team at Brucker Hall, home of The United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own” at 400 McNair Road, Fort Myer, Virginia 22211-1306
Second-round travel expenses for civilians will be paid by The U.S. Army pending enlistment qualification and funding approval. Military personnel should refer to their respective units to request travel funding.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
- Cover letter
- Submit links for three video samples that demonstrate your range of capabilities and proven engagement results
- Contact information for 3 professional references (no letters required)
Email links and PDF files for all documents including photos and video samples.
Military applicants must include their Enlisted Records Brief, or equivalent, and a Commander’s Letter of Intent to Release; E-6 applicants should also submit 3 most recent NCOERs
Please email application materials to Sergeant First Class Christopher Buckley
Contact the Auditions Coordinator
Applicants with questions or concerns regarding the VIDEO CONTENT CREATOR position may contact Sergeant First Class Christopher Buckley
The annual starting salary for Staff Sergeant equates to $67,836 without dependents and $70,320 with dependents
Full medical and dental coverage
30 days paid vacation annually
The Blended Retirement System allows you to immediately begin contributing to a retirement account, in addition to being eligible for a pension after 20 years of active duty service.
Earn full tuition for higher education through the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Also, tuition assistance is available for continuing education.
Members of “Pershing’s Own” are given the Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) of 42S (forty two sierra), “Special Band Musician”. Personnel are promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant (E-6) two months after completion of Basic Combat Training.
Permanent duty assignment to Fort Myer, VA, located near the heart of Washington, DC
Learn More About Army Benefits
- The U.S. Army Band’s audition and hiring process values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- All applicants must currently hold U.S. Citizenship
- Civilian applicants must be 34 years of age or younger at the time of the audition
- All applicants must meet the standard requirements for enlistment in the United States Army
- Vacancies are available to qualified civilians, and military personnel of the grade E-6 and below. Military applicants above the grade of E-6 and/or having more than 10 years time in service must contact the Auditions Coordinator prior to applying to confirm eligibility.