The 2021 American Trombone Workshop
The 2021 American Trombone Workshop will be a one-day virtual event held in early March. Details are being finalized and will be updated as soon as they are made available. Featuring the finest in trombone playing and teaching, the American Trombone Workshop features recitals, concerts, workshops, and competitions for musicians of all ages.
A list of guest artists will be coming soon!
The American Trombone Workshop’s Service Member Seminar is an opportunity for Active Duty, National Guard, And Reserve Military Personnel to experience the Workshop to its fullest potential. Seminar attendees will attend a prescribed number of the workshop’s events, attend dress rehearsals and gain special access to the visiting artists including exclusive question and answer sessions and a private one hour lesson, all free of charge. All seminar members will receive a certificate upon completion.
Who is Eligible: Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserve Military Personnel
Requirements: Seminar members must attend the required events as listed on the "Required Event Planning and Signature Sheet" and obtain signatures from the designated United States Army Band representative or designated visiting artist at each event.
To register and for more information contact SSG Katy Thigpen
- MSG Sam Woodhead - Conference Chairman
- MSG Chris Branagan - Assistant Chairman
- SFC Victor Barranco - Jazz Coordinator
- SFC Adam McColley - Exhibits Coordinator
- SSG Hank Currey - National Solo Competition
- SSG Austin Westjohn - National Trombone Quartet Competition
- SSG Katy Thigpen - Education Coordinator
- SSG Greg Hammond - Guest Artist Recital Coordinator
- MSG Trent Stockton - Archives
2021 ATW registration link is coming soon.